I am elated to announce that I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, my second award in only my first month of blogging!
A delightful shukria (thanks) to Anushka and Hrishi of Roamonurown for nominating Brown Girl Journal for the Blogger Recognition Award. Theirs is a travel blog inspiring travellers to travel on their own, without tour guides, tours and packages. Roamonurown is filled with posts about travel tips, advice and suggestions!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
This prize is passed to bloggers by other blogger, who appreciate and recognize their strong work and the amount of effort they invest in each and every post.
How I started my blog:
I considered starting my own blog for a long time. I wanted a way to express myself on a platform that will reach family, friends (old and new) and readers. I lived in the US for a while, and that’s when the travel bug caught me. I would get animated retelling my stories of living abroad and would always get asked for travel hacks and tips. You can read more here.
Advice to new bloggers:
- Don’t give up! – Blogging is hard work, you have to commit to researching, writing, posting and promoting your blog for readers. It takes a lot of time and effort – you may have to stay up late nights, miss out on some gym sessions, not wash your hair for a week, just so you have time to blog. However, it is all worth it when you receive comments from other bloggers and readers who took the time to read your work!
- Follow the advice given by seasonal bloggers! It may seem like a daunting task or it may seem insignificant, but they’ve been there and done it. Their solid advice can even help you streamline your blog since they’ve done some of the work to get the tips, advice and suggestion you may need.
My Nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award is:
- Koumal Ahmed
- Sam Sam but Different
- Luna In Limbo
- Our Sunshine Journey
- Miller in the City
- Sunshiny SA Site
- Roaming our Earth
- Miss Dhanusha
- Matt and Lea Abroad
- Kendal Olivia
- Picnic Wednesday
- The Cuppuccino Traveler
- Baby Guide for the Modern Mother
- The Mum Blog
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.